1. Account Number: Your account number appears in the upper left portion of the bill. This unique number identifies the specific account set up under your membership. It is important that you provide the account number in question any time you need information on your account or report a concern.
2. Meter Readings: Your bill lists both the previous and present readings on your meter, as well as the kilowatt hours used during the billing period, which is the difference between the two readings. Our meters are read electronically and by Tri-County Electric Cooperative employees. It is each member’s responsibility to ensure we have access to these meters. Locked gates, unfriendly dogs and other obstacles can result in incorrect meter readings.
3. Account Login: Your account login information for online payments. Keep this information in a safe place.
4. Service Location: This is the actual address where service is located. This section also shows the actual billing date and the date payment is due.
5. kWh Used: Your electricity usage is measured in kilowatt hours (kWh). A kWh is equivalent to 1,000 watts of power used for a period of one hour. For example, if you were to burn a 100-watt light bulb for 10 hours, it would consume one kWh of electricity.
6. Important Information: This area contains monthly information to our customers for any current news or important events.
7. Payment Information: This portion of the bill needs to be detached and returned with your payment.